ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Mark Durden
Location: Modern Art, Oxford
Date: January 2003
(Chapter 6 of 6, Running Time: 00:03:29)
Chapter 6 Synopsis:
- Finishes Structures book - free to photograph again.
- Good Friday 1998, driving through Johannesburg - profound sense of alienation.
- Begins photographing the city in black and white.
- Uses colour whilst working on a commission in Australia.
- Becomes interested in the colours of the new Johannesburg.
- Continues to use colour for series on tradesmen's roadside adverts.
- Portraits of trademen - a postive series - representive of emergent economy.