ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Richard West
Location: Artist's home, Newtownards, County Down
Date: March 2006
(Chapter 13 of 15, Running Time: 00:08:59)
Chapter 13 Synopsis:
- Remembers producing images to go in suppliment for Australian magazine - brief required children with wild flowers and prime historical location.
- Tourist Board continually trying to renew and refresh the perspective of Northern Ireland - to make the world take heed.
- Later the Tourist Board was open to the interests of people wanting to see trouble spots.
- Over time the demand for blue skies, white clouds and nice beaches begins to alter habits of looking.
- Approached by Blackstaff (1982-83) to produce a book - 'Images of Belfast' - Robert Johnstone provides written material.
- Publcation of this book very positive event.
- The sheer amount of pictures he was taking during this period allows him to hone his skills.