ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Richard West
Location: Artist's home, Newtownards, County Down
Date: March 2006
(Chapter 14 of 15, Running Time: 00:12:11)
Chapter 14 Synopsis:
- Still enjoys taking documentary pictures - mostly using digital equipment.
- Mid '80s - 'Belfast Exposed' starts - sense of a developing photographic community emerging.
- 1986-87 - produced 'Northern Ireland' tourism book with Ian Hill and Robert Blair.
- Shot pictures in the shipyard to accompany David Hammond's film 'Steel chest, Nail in the Boot and the Barking Dog'.
- 1991 - Photoworks North starts - Jim MaGinn, Peter Neil, Paul Seawright, Richard McCorrie & Bryan Lynn attend early meetings.
- First objective is to start a photography gallery.
- In early days Photoworks North would staged exhibitions, workshops & talks.
- Stops attending meetings late '90s due to lack of communication.
- Attends Joseph Boyce symposium in Goethe Institute.