ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Richard West
Location: Artist's home, Belfast
Date: February 2014
(Chapter 5 of 19, Running Time: 00:09:44)
Chapter 5 Synopsis:
- Made sculpture through Foundation and BA.
- Made slide-tape work in third year of BA.
- Installations were inspired by bombed out buildings.
- Would photograph people in the installation.
- The act of photographing work made her realise it wasn't sculpture.
- Was most influenced by film directors, Peter Greenaway, David Lynch.
- Slide-tape works recorded a sequence of actions in sets.
- Didn't use film from fear of looking naff.
- Not much access or use of video at the time.
- Influenced by images in film rather than narrative.