ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Richard West
Location: Artist's home, Belfast
Date: February 2014
(Chapter 6 of 19, Running Time: 00:09:57)
Chapter 6 Synopsis:
- Another artist spoke about whether or not to make work about the Troubles.
- Thinks some recent work eg. of fog is implicitly about that atmosphere.
- Couldn't deal with the Troubles 'head on'.
- The context of the Troubles created some unusual situations.
- Was interested in Surrealism and Dada.
- Describes slide-tape installation and how it functioned.
- Recently impressed by work seen on slide in Barcelona.
- University was good, had interesting lecturers and fellow students.
- Today students don't even look like arts students.
- Was a lot going on when she was a student.