ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Richard West
Location: Artist's home, Belfast
Date: February 2014
(Chapter 10 of 19, Running Time: 00:09:02)
Chapter 10 Synopsis:
- Was always exhibiting with artists rather than photographers.
- Photography was generally only used as ephemeral documentation.
- Just happened to used photography as a medium.
- Making work in the outdoors can be arduous.
- But loves the act of taking photographs.
- The process of taking photographs is painstaking and immersive.
- Makes work in bursts of activity.
- Photographs were preconceived rather than spontaneous.
- Would notice people by physical attribute and ask them to model.
- Work wasn't a heavy critique of materialism.