ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Richard West
Location: Artist's home, Belfast
Date: February 2014
(Chapter 13 of 19, Running Time: 00:12:19)
Chapter 13 Synopsis:
- The show Fugitive Associations was made up of large lightboxes.
- Liked the vibrancy of lightboxes.
- In show she linked two unconnected red plastic objects with the title Doppelganger.
- Also photographed unconnected big tables.
- Photographic process can seem magical.
- Has been told she is super-perceptive to mood.
- Recalls a Thomas Struth portrait of a man with a stained table.
- Has often photographed from her studio window.
- Coleraine is a dilapidated place.