ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Richard West
Location: Artist's home, Belfast
Date: February 2014
(Chapter 14 of 19, Running Time: 00:09:47)
Chapter 14 Synopsis:
- When she photographs things in her parents house it becomes impersonal.
- Realised landscape photography was based on history of landscape genre.
- Followed up interest in landscape painting bit by bit.
- Always a human element to her landscape photographs.
- Found one of her photographs resembled a van Ruisdael image.
- Considers that she approaches landscape in the same way as interior space.
- Is interested in what happens off-scene, beyond the frame.