ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Richard West
Location: Artist's home, Belfast
Date: February 2014
(Chapter 15 of 19, Running Time: 00:10:40)
Chapter 15 Synopsis:
- Inspired by still from French film to reintroduce figure into photographs.
- Also inspired by Raúl Ruiz film 'Hypothesis of the Stolen Painting'
- Ruiz film stimulated questions about the role of the observer.
- Referenced Casper David Friedrich.
- Friedrich suggests pictorial scheme of present past and future in image.
- Recently seeing Northern Ireland 30 years catalogue felt strange.
- Felt strange to be part of a story in relation to the Troubles.
- Had image in Imperial War Museum show which surprised her.
- Her fog images described as being post-conflict sublime.