ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Richard West
Location: Artist's home, Belfast
Date: February 2014
(Chapter 19 of 19, Running Time: 00:09:22)
Chapter 19 Synopsis:
- It is shallow to pander to response of critics and galleries.
- Currently thinking about work that reconstructs events.
- Struck by film stills seen in Barcelona.
- Also inspired by retrospective of artist Mike Kelly.
- Interested in reconstructing small scale black and white stills.
- Using ore installation in relation to exhibition of photographs.
- Thinking of commissioning furniture as part of exhibitions.
- Installation will be more and more part of the work in future.