ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Richard West
Location: Artist's home, Belfast
Date: February 2014
(Chapter 12 of 19, Running Time: 00:11:03)
Chapter 12 Synopsis:
- Doesn't rely on observantion to make her work.
- Is a period of discovery after the exposure is developed.
- Has worked with a Pentax 6x7 her Uncle found her for 24 years.
- Likes the experience of looking at a transparency on a light box.
- Almost all the pictures she makes could be exhibited.
- The photography is a culmination of the art making process.
- Dreading the day she can no longer use transparencies.
- Making show 'Fugitive Associations' was uncomfortable.
- Had to confront idea she was now a landscape photographer.
- Went back to look again at landscape painting.
- Looking at the painters Corot and van Ruisdael influenced her work.