ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Richard West
Location: Artist's home, Belfast
Date: February 2014
(Chapter 16 of 19, Running Time: 00:10:01)
Chapter 16 Synopsis:
- Photographs of mist inspired by film 'Come and See'.
- Scene in the film when atrocity is covered by mist.
- Related mist to previous image made of stage curtains called 'Space of Doubt'.
- Also inspired by experience of mist in Venice.
- Mist photographs are a depiction of the threshold in your mind.
- Photographs at night are more about things emerging from darkness.
- Has religious faith but works are phenomenological rather than religious.