ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Richard West
Location: Artist's home, Belfast
Date: February 2014
(Chapter 18 of 19, Running Time: 00:11:17)
Chapter 18 Synopsis:
- Teaching has helped her as an artist.
- It's not about liking or not liking students work.
- She's really talking to students about their development.
- Generally doesn't use herself or her work in teaching.
- Her own work is intuitive and students can be too.
- Less concerned about the reception of her work.
- Has received negative feedback.
- Not making work to please audience.
- Many have written about the work and it has a life of its own.
- Art world can be very faddy.