ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Richard West
Location: Artist's home, Belfast
Date: February 2014
(Chapter 9 of 19, Running Time: 00:10:51)
Chapter 9 Synopsis:
- Didn't want to be pigeonholed or fit into others agendas.
- Had exhausted interest in female appearance.
- Is very interested in clothing and fashion and this had led to work.
- Was in many shows to do with female art practice.
- Wanted work to be seen in a more universal way.
- Work was about exterior appearance versus inner life.
- Felt events she was invited to were exclusive and prescriptive.
- Were few commercial opportunities for artists in Belfast.
- She just wanted to make and exhibit work.
- Saw herself as artist using photography.