ORAL HISTORY ARCHIVE:
Interviewed by Richard West
Location: Artist's home, Belfast
Date: February 2014
(Chapter 7 of 19, Running Time: 00:12:12)
Chapter 7 Synopsis:
- Most memorable lecturers were David Ledsham and Norman Fraser.
- Ledsham perceptive about development as an artist.
- Fraser was honest to the point of being blunt.
- Ledsham did a lot of drawing and then became interested in science and grass.
- In Belfast students took art seriously and worked hard.
- Had done one semester at art college in Wolverhampton, found it boring.
- Had travelled to france and London from school.
- Went to Russia in second year at art college in 1980s.
- Showed slide-tape work for degree show.
- Applied for MA immediately after BA, did five years in art college.
- A lot of art activity in Belfast, galleries and off-site work.